Most people don’t realize this, but tap water is not your friend.
In fact, tap water is flat-out toxic.
Store-bought bottled water isn’t much better either. The bottle may read BPA-free, but it’s certainly not free of the other harmful toxins that modern-day plastic leaches into your drinking water.
So, where do you turn to when you want to ensure you’re getting safe and clean drinking water?
The best option is a reverse osmosis water filtration system.
Reverse osmosis water filtration systems work to purify your tap/drinking water supply to the point where it’s nothing more than clean contaminant-free water.
However, not every reverse osmosis system or showering system is created equally, which is why it’s so important to understand how a reverse osmosis system works and what you need to look for in a potential water filter system. Fortunately for you, we’re going to dive into the nitty-gritty of the world of reverse osmosis, water treatment & contaminants so you don’t end up choosing a poorly-made reverse osmosis system that costs you more in the long run—both financially and health-wise.
Read on to learn more.
What Exactly Is Reverse Osmosis?
Reverse osmosis (RO) uses a special semi-permeable membrane & water pressure to filter out and remove unwanted contaminants, bad minerals and sediments from water molecules on the micron level to purify your water.
When you use a reverse osmosis system for your home’s drinking water, whether it be a whole-home water filtration system or a counter-top water filter pitcher, you’re essentially turning your tap water into purified water. That means the RO membrane filters remove chlorine, sodium, dirt, bacteria, heavy metals, and other toxic chemicals like fluoride that you don’t even realize are in your drinking water.
It’s important to note that both bottled water & reverse osmosis systems also filter out and remove the necessary minerals and electrolytes from your water. However, there are 5 stage reverse osmosis carbon units out there that effectively and naturally, remineralize your water (which Puronics’ 5-stage reverse osmosis water filtration system does!)
Why You Shouldn’t Go With Any Old Reverse Osmosis System
As mentioned earlier, not all reverse osmosis systems are created equally. Moreover, there are a lot of “affordable” reverse osmosis water purification systems on the market—namely, Amazon—that seem legitimate but are in fact a waste of money and fail to remove contaminants.
If you don’t know anything about reverse osmosis, then it’s easy to fall for the bright and shiny gimmicks that manufacturers will try to sell you on. Not to mention, they like to throw a lot of weasel words at you such as “pure drain,” “TDS meter,” “smart faucet,” “tankless,” “11-stage carbon filtration,” etc.—without ever explaining what they mean or why they matter.
Now, let’s dig a bit deeper and talk about everything that’s wrong with the units sold on Amazon and elsewhere on the internet:
They’re Not Certified
A lack of certifications is a huge red flag when dealing with any type of reverse osmosis water filter system. Put simply, no certifications equal no testing for purity, membrane consistency, conservation, water purity, or sustainability.
They’re Not Manufatured in the US
Sadly, most things are manufactured in China these days, which means the materials used to manufacture many reverse osmosis systems are cheap plastics with a poor water flow rate, flawed membrane & poor removal of contaminants.
It also negates the entire purpose of investing in a reverse osmosis filter. Imagine trying to purify your water only to have cheap, PVC plastics from the filters membrane (contaminated with BPA like toxins) and other subpar materials & contaminants leach back into your water.
Additionally, despite the cheap price, you’ll end up spending more on replacement parts than regular maintenance for a whole-home filtration system. Not to mention, you’ll likely have to replace the entire reverse osmosis system within a few short years.
They Don’t Offer Warranties
Any reverse osmosis system designed to serve your entire home should always come with a warranty. Most of these reverse osmosis units, however, don’t—which means the manufacturer doesn’t stand by their systems and won’t help you if said system malfunctions.
They’ll Fool You With fake Reviews
Arguably the greatest issue with Amazon is that they have no way of regulating fake 5-star ratings. More often than not, companies like to offer incentives to real customers to remove poor reviews.
Essentially, you just can’t trust these ratings “people” are leaving especially if you don’t really know much about reverse osmosis systems in the first place.
Why Puronics Should Be Your Top Choice
When it comes to your home—and your health—the best thing you can do is to get off Amazon and look towards real companies for your water filtration needs.
Puronics is the best that’s available when it comes to reverse osmosis systems, other brands don’t compare. In fact, they’ve been a world-leading water filter product company for a number of years (since 1947)!
With Puronics line of water systems, it’s all about quality over quantity. That’s why all of the company’s water filtration systems include:
- All the proper certifications, including the NSF/ANSI STANDARD, the Gold Seal Certification “Mark of Excellence,” and EPA registrations.
- The longest lifespan on the market as each water filter system is designed to last a lifetime with basic maintenance and proper care.
- A limited lifetime warranty because the manufacturer stands by their systems and believes in sustainability for the planet and a water filter system that lasts a lifetime for you
- Quality materials. All Puronics’ water filter systems like the Micromax 7000 reverse osmosis system are made with the best high-quality membrane, eco-friendly, and sustainable materials inside and out to ensure that no chemicals or contaminants leach into your water, maintain great water pressure and that the RO system can minimize waste.
- Proprietary technology. Each 5 stage reverse osmosis systems with carbon filters made by Puronics are designed with their iGenⓇ technology to monitor and maintain your water usage and alert you when actual system maintenance is needed so you don’t have to worry about wasting water.
- A primary consultation for whole-home water filtration systems. Both Puronics and the The Goodfor Company. will consult with you on everything from your water usage and needs to rigorous water purity testing to ensure that you’re investing in the right reverse osmosis water filtration system for your home.
- Manufacturing in the USA. All systems offered by Puronics and The GoodFor Co. are manufactured right here in the US, to ensure that you and your family receive the highest quality materials and production value possible.
- Excellent customer service and easy payments. When you invest in any Puronics system, you can rest easy knowing that you’ll receive the assistance you need when you need it, and you can set up a flexible payment plan so you don’t have to stress over being able to afford clean and safe drinking water for your family!
We Ship To All Area Including Houston, Texas & San Diego, California
No matter what part of the country you’re in we can ship to your location no mater if it’s Houston, Texas or San Diego, California or even Idaho. It doesn’t matter!
Here at The Goodfor Company, we believe in products that are backed by science, heavily tested, and are good for your health and the planet. That’s why we trust in all of Puronics’ water filtration products—and you should too!